Join us @ Habitat Bonaire
Our most popular trip for many reasons. Columbia Scuba has been hosting this trip to Bonaire for more than 35 years - a testament to how fabulous Bonaire's diving really is. Excellent dive sites for marine life, wreck, deep, night, boat and shore diving with snorkeling sites as well.
Bonaire offers lots for divers in the water and on surface intervals!
Bonaire's reef diving is exceptional. Here you'll dive one of the world's oldest Marine Reserves, established and protected since 1979. Due to its unsually gentle currents, diving here is spectacular for both novice divers and advanced. Many of our divers return with us year after year to what is truly a diver's paradise.
Photographers also love the often gentle currents and snorkelers won't be disappointed either. There are may wonderful snorkel sites accessible by shore or boat.
- February 10-17, 2024 THIS TRIP IS SOLD OUT. Call to be added to waitlist.
YOUR Trip Includes
- Deluxe suite accommodations
- Breakfast buffet
- 2 Boat dives daily
- unlimited shore diving
- Nitrox available ($ supplement)
- Daily lunch and dinner
- Ground transportation on island
- Estimated $1400 per diver - double occupancy
Captain Don's Habitat aka Habitat Bonaire has catered to divers for more than 35 years. One of the original resorts on Bonaire, Habitat knows how to meet divers' needs. The resort includes:
- deluxe king suites (with private bath & kitchenette) overlooking the docks and water, each with its own private patio or balcony.
- an onsite, outdoor restaurant open for 3 meals daily
- an outdoor bar with live weekly music
- an outdoor relaxation area overlooking the water
- dive shop for equipment rentals and purchases
- sundries shop for incidentals
- dive locker area with rinse tanks
- outdoor pool
- orientation classroom
- spa/massage services
- dive photography shop for rentals, purchases, lessons & more
Types of Dive Sites You May Visit
Bonarie is called "Divers' Paradise" for many reasons. Fabulous, balmy water temps, generally 79/80 degrees each February. Most sites afford shallow or deeper diving as each diver prefers. You'll find excellent shore & boat diving almost anywhere you go in Bonaire. Some sites you may dive include:
- the shore dive right off Habitat pier, great dive day or night
- 10,000 Steps, accessible by boat or shore accessed by the long stairway
- many sites around Klien Bonaire, including some fabulous fish nurseries in the shallows
- The Hilma Hooker wreck
- Town Pier
- The Salt Pier
- and much, much more.
Wildlife You May See
Bonaire is home to a wide variety of wildlife - marine, land and air. You're likely to see many of these listed below if you keep your eyes open.
- numerous species of colorful fish & corals
- eels - moray, garden and lots in-between
- if you're lucky you may spot a well-camouflaged frog fish
- squid & cuttlefish
- sea turtles
- sea horses
- dolphins and whales on rare occasions
- tarpon, barracuda and also on rare occasions sharks
- flamingos and other bird life
- wild burros
- iguanas as close as your front porch or often close to the restaurant
- and more!
More About Bonaire
You'll find Bonaire offers much while you're on your dive vacation:
- Excellent in-town restaurants - all casual attire
- Local shopping and art galleries in town
- Currency is US Dollar
- Very friendly people
- Bonaire is outside the "hurricane belt" and rarely sees storm surge so the coastal dive sites are very healthly.
- Lac bay, a world class wind surfing location, lessons available.
- Dune buggies, mopeds and jeeps rentals are available to tour the island.
- The large salt flats producing some of the purest salts
- The Bonaire Flamingo Sanctuary
- The Donkey Sanctuary Bonaire